Baptism Safety Precautions
We are taking the following steps to ensure we conduct our baptism celebration in a safe way.
- The water will be tested (by a third party) and treated with the appropriate sanitizing agents to ensure a safe and healthy candidate experience.
- All baptism candidates and on-stage personnel must pass a rapid antigen test prior to the service.
- Officiating pastor will be masked at all times.
Why should you get baptized?
The main reason is Jesus commanded his followers in Matthew 28:19-20 “Go and Make disciples of all nations baptizing them…”
Plus, when you get baptized:
- It publicly tells others that you’re a follower of Jesus. Think of it like the ‘wedding ring’ of Christian life that expresses your commitment to Jesus Christ
- It typically follows a personal choice to believe in Jesus as your Saviour and Master. This New Testament practice of baptism is summed up in Acts 2:41 “Those who believed… were baptized…”
- It provides a picture of ‘dying’ to our old life and ‘rising’ to live a new life in Jesus, a symbol of Jesus dying and rising again. This image is talked about in Colossians 2:12 “For you were buried with Christ when you were baptized. And with Him you were raised to a new life…”
Here are some of the reasons you might want to be baptized:
- You’re a follower of Jesus who has never been baptized.
- You were baptized as a baby, but wish to reaffirm those baptismal vows as an adult who has made a personal choice to follow Jesus.
If you’d like a better understanding of what baptism is all about, please study and reflect on our Baptism Guide. After you’ve reviewed the guide, and would like to be baptized or learn more about baptism, please complete the Baptism Inquiry form below.
COMPLETE THE BAPTISM
“"Understanding this truth took soooo much weight off of my shoulders because all I had to do was stop depending on myself and depend on Jesus."”Kwesi
“"I understand now that I need to die to my egocentric world-dictates daily in order to walk the right path."”Li
“"I felt like God was nudging me to do something. During a Sunday service, I felt like I was alone in the room and God was talking to me, telling me to take that step."”Enrique
“"I have no words to express how thankful I am for His sacrifice. I want Jesus to be the constant variable of my life."”Kyra