The Program Coordinator will work closely with the Camp Team Lead and their primary role will be to prepare camp programming.
In addition, supporting staff with camper needs, problem solve day-day issues, leading group activities, and help implement the theme throughout the week. They will also help with scheduling, breaks, and support the team lead in various tasks when needed.
- Lead and execute a Children’s Camp for 250+ kids ages SK – Gr. 6
- Plan and develop ideas for activities that align with the camp theme
- Develop inclusive programming that can be individualized and modified for children who need accommodations
- Assist in helping with camper behaviour management when necessary by providing additional support to staff on the floor
- Plan and book special events for Children’s Camp
- Lead Camp Counselor team by developing training materials, leading orientation sessions, and leading daily team meetings
- Maintain high levels of staff morale and provide mentorship and support for camp counsellors.
- Act as a direct liaison with parents, campers, and camp counsellors to ensure program success.
- Ensure day-to-day safety of the Children’s Camp including first aid issues
- Proactively identify and solve problems and areas of concerns